Have you always envied baby’s soft, supple skin? Have you looked in the mirror wondering what miracle product would be able to get your skin to look like that? Well, look no further than the new ‘miracle drug’ Hyaluronic acid. Which is also in our Resurfacing Serum.
Hyaluronic acid is a substance that is natural present in the human body- normally located in the spaces between skin cells where it can provide moisture firmness and suppleness to your skin.
When you are a baby, the levels of hyaluronic acid are at their highest- as high as 50% of the skin; however, when you get older ,skin moisture levels drop, leaving skin without most of its elasticity and exposing signs of aging present in your skin.
Hyaluronic acid can help with its unique ability to hold in moisture, adjusting the levels that it holds based on both the humidity due to season and that due to climate.
Unlike collagen, which is often used to achieve soft skin, hyaluronic acid is able to penetrate the skin’s upper layers. Also, when using a serum of Hyaluronic acid, the serum will form a layer on your skin that is air-permeable and can boost both the elasticity and hydration of the skin.
Hyaluronic acid penetrates into the dermis, locking in moisture and giving your skin that dewy, youthful appearance
- It has also been proven to reverse free radical damage
- protecting your skin from UV damage.
Every skin type, including oily skin, can benefit from using hyaluronic acid as part of their beauty routine. If you are looking for a way to incorporate it, or test it out for yourself, look no further than Aeveka’s Resurfacing Serum, which is organic, vegan, paraben-free and sulfate-free to keep your skin looking beautiful.
Chances are you have a cucumber sitting in your kitchen right now- most people do.
Cucumbers are the fourth most commonly cultivated vegetable in the United States. While they are often associated with spa water and toppings for a salad, there are multiple skin benefits of cucumbers as well.
SKIN BENEFITS OF CUCUMBERS
Mild bleaching property-reverses skin tanning/gives youthful/glowing skin
2 tbsp. powdered oats w/ 2 tsp of plain yogurt/ 2 tsp of cucumber juice; rinse after 15 mins
If you have had a little too much fun in the sun and are now paying the price, cucumbers can help reverse the tanning, by using a mild bleaching property found in both yogurt and cucumbers, this mask reverses skin tanning and gives you a youthful glow.
- 2 tbsp. powdered oats
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cucumber juice
- Mix the ingredients together and let sit on your skin for 15 minutes. Rinse your skin with warm water.
Sometimes we go overboard in the sun, and may forget to reapply sunscreen. If you’re now uncomfortable because of the sunburn, cucumbers can bring you instant relief.
1 cucumber Peel the cucumber before slicing it thinly.
- Rub the thin slices all over the skin- will soothe your skin and cool your sunburned skin.
Partially, because of their high water content, cucumbers can help improve your complexion, treating acne scars, wrinkles, or just skin that has become red and inflamed.
- 1 cucumber, grated
- 3 fresh mint leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck and let sit for 15 minutes, before rinsing off with cool water.
- You skin should feel soft and smooth after rinsing.
Treats open pores:
Sometimes store-bought toners can be too harsh to use every day. Try swapping your regular toner for this homemade one once per week- or whenever skin is particularly inflamed- and wait for the compliments to come rolling in.
- Puree ½ of a cucumber in the blender, then press through a sieve to extract the juice.
- Apply this juice to the face and neck area, leaving it for 30 minutes before rinsing.
Cellulite is a common problem for many women. With bikini season is here this mask for your body is sure to make you feel more confident at the beach or pool.
- 1/3 cup ground coffee
- ½ cucumber, juiced
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Combine these ingredients into a thick paste, and spread over affected areas.
- Wrap the area in muslin cloth and exfoliate after 30 minutes. Wash the paste off carefully with warm water.
Blueberries are both a superfood and a wonderful beauty agent- and for good reason!
These small fruits are rich in fiber, as well as vitamin A and C, and a great source of antioxidants. Antioxidants can help neutralize free radicals which might otherwise damage your fragile skin cells, and leave your skin with a younger and softer look and feel. Antioxidant rich blueberries, improve your skin’s overall health by helping stop the accumulation of sebum- helping manage skin that is prone to acne.
Treatments using blueberry extract have been clinically proven to decrease the healing time- especially after skin peels- as well as reducing scarring in wound and burn treatments.
Nourishing blueberry facial mask:
• ¼ cup blueberries
• 1 TBSP raw organic honey
• 1 TBSP olive or grapeseed oil
Mash all of the ingredients together and mix well. Apply a thick layer all over the face and leave on for between five and ten minutes. Wash this mask off with a damp cloth and enjoy your skin looking smooth and beautiful.
Blueberry aloe mask:
• Handful of blueberries
• 2 TBSP aloe Vera gel
For a great eye pick-me-up, when you are feeling tired or your eyes are puffy, use this mask under your eyes.
Mash a handful of cold blueberries and add aloe Vera gel. Dab the mixture under your eyes and let it set for twenty minutes. Remove this mixture with lukewarm water, it will leave your eyes brighter and feeling refreshed.
Anti-aging blueberry mask:
• ¼ cup blueberries
• ¼ TSP of vitamin E, aloe Vera, olive oil and honey
• ¼ cup dried crushed oats
Blend this mask right before using and leave it on the skin for twenty minutes. This will help fill-in fine lines and wrinkles, fighting the aging process and giving you beautiful, younger-looking skin!
Sensitive exfoliating blueberry mask:
• A handful of cold blueberries
• ¼ cup of yogurt
Blend the blueberries until smooth and add to Greek yogurt. Apply this mixture to your face for twenty minutes and wash off with cold water. This mask will remove the dead layer of skin, leaving it soft and smooth.
Blueberries are wonderful to have on-hand for all of your skin care woes. If you are looking for an easy way to incorporate blueberries into your beauty routine and work towards beautiful skin, then turn to Aeveka. Our Restorative Enzyme treatment is a wonderful way to start using blueberries to make your skin more beautiful, by removing dead skin and stimulating collagen production.
Many people think that eye creams are only used by older adults who might be showing signs of aging around their eyes. But now there is more research coming out every day that shows the benefits of having an eye cream in your beauty rotation.
The skin around your eyes is made to be thinner and more delicate than the skin on the rest of your face. When you move your face, as well as sun damage and the fact that skin produces less collagen as you age, the muscles move, causing lines and wrinkles.
The skin around your eyes is also free from oil glands that keep the rest of your skin moist and supple.
Eye creams, though, can be a blessing to those of us that smoke, squint, or are out in the sun a lot; these creams usually contain moisturizers, called emollients that keep skin looking smoother. (We would be doing you a disservice if we did not add that while eye creams can help reduce the effects of smoking, they can’t completely reverse the damage.)
Eye creams contain ingredients that can also boost collagen. These creams are usually thicker than facial lotion, helping it stick to the thin skin better.
Some people believe that they don’t have to use a different cream specifically for their under-eye area. While, yes, technically, the moisturizer that you use for the rest of your face can be used for under your eyes, it doesn’t mean that you should use it.
If you use a facial moisturizer under your eyes, then your eyes could experience burning and stinging due to the fragrances that are often added to moisturizers.
One of the main benefits of creams that are specifically made for the under-eye area, other than preventing and filling in lines, is that it is less irritating than the typical moisturizer for your face.
Do’s and Don’ts of under-eye creams:
Do: Tap or massage the eye cream in. While most people tend to rub the cream vigorously into their under-eye area, this will only make the lines worse. The best way to apply eye cream is to press, tap, or massage a small amount under the eyes.
Do: Let the cream sink in! You should always give your eye cream about a minute to absorb before putting on any kind of makeup; this ensures that your powder or concealer won’t cake up under your eyes, which makes lines and bags that much more noticeable.
Don’t: Pull at your skin! When you are applying eye cream, you shouldn’t be stretching the skin under your eyes. If you pull and tug at your skin, you are negating the effects of the eye cream.
Don’t: put on too much! There’s an old adage that should be followed when using eye cream: less is more. When applying eye cream, you should only use an amount the size of a pea. If you use more, there is the chance that the moisturizer will move into your eyes and irritate them.
To use eye cream, you should always put a dot on your brow bone and another series of dots roughly ½ inch under your eyes.
Whether you are in the market for a new eye cream, or you are just starting, there is no better place to start than Aeveka’s Replenishing Eye Crème: a deep moisturizing eye cream that is packed with natural, paraben-free, organic and anti-aging ingredients.
Stem cells are quickly becoming one of the hottest and most controversial products in the beauty industry.
Many professional dermatologists are now looking to stem cells in order to reverse the signs of aging and give you the beautiful, soft, clear skin that you have always wanted.
Everyone has stem cells. They give your body the ability to develop into multiple types of cells.
When skin cells are given proteins and amino acids-- the main components of stem cells-- they kick-start the production of collagen. The production of collagen can get less potent over time, leading to many signs of aging.
The stem cells used in beauty products are generally sourced from plants and fruits that sustain freshness for a long time- such as apples, edelweiss, roses.
Using fruit and plant stem cells in your beauty regime will encourage your own skin’s stem cells to grow, triggering anti-aging effects.
These plant stem cells can kick-start self-duplication, and skin reparations, reversing and stopping the signs of aging and the effects of free radicals on your skin.
Plant stem cells also contain over 1,000 times the concentration of antioxidants compared to other botanical extracts; this potency can increase the amount of collagen and cell renewal in the skin.
If you are worried that your skin is starting to age faster than it should, and hoping to find a serum that will help, then look no further than Aeveka’s Revitalizing Day crème. Made with organic apple stem cells and hydrating shea butter, it will help your skin to look more beautiful and healthier.
There are so many supplements on the market that promise better skin, making it hard to know what will really help.
If you have been drowning in confusion in the beauty aisle and need some guidance, here’s a gem of advice: CoQ10.
This should be a core ingredient in your skincare. CoQ-10 is a 10!
CoQ10 is similar to a vitamin that your body naturally produces in order to give your cells the energy they need for growth and maintenance.
CoQ10 can also act as an antioxidant that protects your skin from harmful free radicals in the air. So, if CoQ10 is naturally occurring in your body, why would you need a cream or lotion that has more?
As you get older, your skin might lose some of its elasticity, causing wrinkles and dull, dry looking skin.
When you use a CoQ10 supplement, or a face cream with it, your cells will regain some of that elasticity, and the supplement will kick start your cells to create collagen and elastin, keeping your skin looking healthy and young.
If you are looking for a face cream that will help your skin glow from the inside out, look no further than Aeveka’s line of skin care products. Their Replenishing Eye Crème is a great way to start using CoQ10 and start on your way to a healthy, glowing skin.
Turmeric, commonly known as the spice that gives Indian curry its distinct yellow color, has also been used for thousands of years in India as a medicinal herb.
Turmeric is made of compounds called curcuminoids, the most important of which is curcumin, known for its powerful anti-inflammatory effects and for being a strong antioxidant. There are many other beauty benefits of using turmeric as well, making it a great addition to both your kitchen and your beauty rotation.
Exfoliate your way to younger skin:
Turmeric can also reduce wrinkles in aging skin. These are two scrubs that can help you fight back against wrinkles and sun damage.
- 1 ½ TBS basan (gram flour)
- 1 ½ TBS turmeric
- Mix all three ingredients to make a paste
- Leave it on the skin until it dries.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water, scrubbing your face gently in a circular motion.
- Use this paste once a week to keep your skin soft and clear.
Manage your wrinkles to keep looking young:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 TSP tomato paste
- 2 TSP rice powder
- 2 TSP turmeric powder
- Apply this paste to your face and leave it until it is dry.
- This mask will peel off dead skin cells, making skin appear both younger and brighter.
Facial masks for oily skin:
- 1 ½ TBS sandalwood powder
- One pinch of ground turmeric
- 3 TBS orange juice
- Use this mask once a week in order to keep oil to a minimum.
- Mix all the ingredients together to make a paste.
- Leave the mask on your skin for fifteen minutes and wash off with warm water.
- Follow with an moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and oil in check.
Facial mask for dry skin:
- 1 egg white
- 2 drops olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Rose water
- Pinch of turmeric
- Apply this mixture to all areas of your face that are dry.
- Leave this facial mask until it dries completely (about ten to fifteen minutes) and wash it off with warm water.
- Pat your face dry and follow with a rich moisturizer.
Turmeric is wonderful for keeping oil in check, as it reduces the oil secretion by the sebaceous glands. Use this mask once a week in order to keep oil to a minumum. Follow your mask with Aeveka Revitalizing Day Creme for maximum support.
Shea Butter is known as one of the strongest workers in the beauty industry, helping with anything from skin problems to dry hair and lips.
Starting off as an ivory colored fat that is extracted from the nut of the African Shea tree, this butter is an all-natural way to look your best.
Why should you choose Shea Butter?
In general, most seed oils can be divided into two categories saponifiabl and non-saponfiable.
The first group contains the most moisturizing properties that we need, while the other contains the healing properties.
While most similar oils have a healing property of less than 1%, though, Shea Butter’s properties for healing can be as high as 17%.
The many uses of shea butter:
- As an antioxidant:
- Among its other ingredients, Shea Butter contains catechins, which are known for protecting skin from the sun damage caused by UV rays.
- Many of its users also swear by Shea Butter as a natural sunscreen for this reason, and many consider this as the best skincare for both winter skin and after suncare during the summer.
- Shea Butter is normally used as the base in medicinal ointments, as its vitamin A content promotes both healing and disinfecting
- Vitamin F content acts as a rejuvenator for soothing and healing rough or chapped skin.
Make your skin beautiful, no matter what:
- In multiple studies, it has been shown that applying shea butter to skin restores some of its elasticity, and can also maintain an even skin tone.
- The abundance of vitamins and healing agents in Shea Butter have also been known for years to help fade stretch marks after pregnancy or rapid weight loss/gain.
There are many ways that a small bit of shea butter can help your skin look its best. When combined with pharmaceutical grade CoQ10, as well as organic green tea, shea butter shines through to make Aeveka’s Regenerating Night Crème one of the best products you can have in your arsenal.
What do sushi, anticoagulants and cosmetics all have in common? While the obvious answer might be “nothing”, they all contain microalgae.
While microalgae is great to eat, it can also give you beautiful skin and healthy organs.
Microalgae, a tiny, single-celled creature, is one of the best products to have in your beauty arsenal.
Some benefits that microalgae can bring your skin include the reduction of:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Under eye circles and puffiness
- Dullness and congestion
- Skin sensitivity and breakouts
- Skin flakiness and dryness
Microalgae have many other uses as well:
- active elements in algae is coben which is mainly responsible for decreasing and regulating the production of melanin, which gives skin its color.
- This helps when you suffer from hyperpigmentation and can help your skin regain its best pigmentation.
- Microalgae can also help you absorb vitamins, minerals and beneficial substances from its surrounding cells; which reduces the appearance of cellulite.
With so many benefits of microalgae, it is almost impossible to not give microalgae a try. The best place to find it is in Aeveka’s Replenished Eye Creme.
Most times, when you think of Concord Grapes, you might picture that bottle of jelly sitting in your cabinet or fridge, or a bottle of juice. But did you know that the health benefits of Concord grapes can do wonders for your body, both inside and out?
- Also known as the Fox Grape, Concord grapes have multiple health benefits when it comes to both the inside and outside of the skin.
- Concord grapes have some of the highest antioxidant levels of all the grapes, which can help protect against anything from colds to the emergence of cancer.
- Concord grapes are also high in resveratrol, a powerhouse antioxidant as well as a phytochemical that protects your health.
- Resveratrol can help protect your skin from the harmful effects of radiation (both UVA and UVB) that causes rapid skin aging and discoloration.
While these purple grapes are what you might think of just as a bottle of juice or jam, there are many other ways to incorporate it into your beauty routine.
Concord grapes can pull double duty, making it great to add to your arsenal of beauty products.
One great way to take advantage of the grape’s healing properties is by using Aeveka’s Regenerating Night Crème, which uses Concord and white grapes to heal and soothe dry, tired skin.