Skin benefits of Cucumbers: August 13 2015, 0 Comments
Chances are you have a cucumber sitting in your kitchen right now- most people do.
Cucumbers are the fourth most commonly cultivated vegetable in the United States. While they are often associated with spa water and toppings for a salad, there are multiple skin benefits of cucumbers as well.
SKIN BENEFITS OF CUCUMBERS
Mild bleaching property-reverses skin tanning/gives youthful/glowing skin
2 tbsp. powdered oats w/ 2 tsp of plain yogurt/ 2 tsp of cucumber juice; rinse after 15 mins
If you have had a little too much fun in the sun and are now paying the price, cucumbers can help reverse the tanning, by using a mild bleaching property found in both yogurt and cucumbers, this mask reverses skin tanning and gives you a youthful glow.
- 2 tbsp. powdered oats
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cucumber juice
- Mix the ingredients together and let sit on your skin for 15 minutes. Rinse your skin with warm water.
Sometimes we go overboard in the sun, and may forget to reapply sunscreen. If you’re now uncomfortable because of the sunburn, cucumbers can bring you instant relief.
- 1 cucumber Peel the cucumber before slicing it thinly.
- Rub the thin slices all over the skin- will soothe your skin and cool your sunburned skin.
Partially, because of their high water content, cucumbers can help improve your complexion, treating acne scars, wrinkles, or just skin that has become red and inflamed.
- 1 cucumber, grated
- 3 fresh mint leaves, crushed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Apply the mixture to your face and neck and let sit for 15 minutes, before rinsing off with cool water.
- You skin should feel soft and smooth after rinsing.
Treats open pores:
Sometimes store-bought toners can be too harsh to use every day. Try swapping your regular toner for this homemade one once per week- or whenever skin is particularly inflamed- and wait for the compliments to come rolling in.
- Puree ½ of a cucumber in the blender, then press through a sieve to extract the juice.
- Apply this juice to the face and neck area, leaving it for 30 minutes before rinsing.
Cellulite is a common problem for many women. With bikini season is here this mask for your body is sure to make you feel more confident at the beach or pool.
- 1/3 cup ground coffee
- ½ cucumber, juiced
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Combine these ingredients into a thick paste, and spread over affected areas.
- Wrap the area in muslin cloth and exfoliate after 30 minutes. Wash the paste off carefully with warm water.