Turmeric: India’s best kept beauty secret June 22 2015, 0 Comments
Turmeric, commonly known as the spice that gives Indian curry its distinct yellow color, has also been used for thousands of years in India as a medicinal herb.
Turmeric is made of compounds called curcuminoids, the most important of which is curcumin, known for its powerful anti-inflammatory effects and for being a strong antioxidant. There are many other beauty benefits of using turmeric as well, making it a great addition to both your kitchen and your beauty rotation.
Exfoliate your way to younger skin:
Turmeric can also reduce wrinkles in aging skin. These are two scrubs that can help you fight back against wrinkles and sun damage.
- 1 ½ TBS basan (gram flour)
- 1 ½ TBS turmeric
- Mix all three ingredients to make a paste
- Leave it on the skin until it dries.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water, scrubbing your face gently in a circular motion.
- Use this paste once a week to keep your skin soft and clear.
Manage your wrinkles to keep looking young:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 TSP tomato paste
- 2 TSP rice powder
- 2 TSP turmeric powder
- Apply this paste to your face and leave it until it is dry.
- This mask will peel off dead skin cells, making skin appear both younger and brighter.
Facial masks for oily skin:
- 1 ½ TBS sandalwood powder
- One pinch of ground turmeric
- 3 TBS orange juice
- Use this mask once a week in order to keep oil to a minimum.
- Mix all the ingredients together to make a paste.
- Leave the mask on your skin for fifteen minutes and wash off with warm water.
- Follow with an moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated and oil in check.
Facial mask for dry skin:
- 1 egg white
- 2 drops olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Rose water
- Pinch of turmeric
- Apply this mixture to all areas of your face that are dry.
- Leave this facial mask until it dries completely (about ten to fifteen minutes) and wash it off with warm water.
- Pat your face dry and follow with a rich moisturizer.
Turmeric is wonderful for keeping oil in check, as it reduces the oil secretion by the sebaceous glands. Use this mask once a week in order to keep oil to a minumum. Follow your mask with Aeveka Revitalizing Day Creme for maximum support.