Oats Aren't Just for Eating: March 10 2015, 0 Comments
Many people think of oats as just a hot breakfast on a cold or rainy morning. Have you ever looked at a can of oats and thought what else it could be used for though?
- Oats actually are a great multi-purpose remedy that can help with everything from lowering cholesterol to soothing irritated skin.
- Oats contain many ingredients that are great for the skin:
- polysaccharides, beta-glucan, and saponins.
- Polysaccharides and beta-glucan both form protective layers when applied to the skin, which help fight dull skin, flakiness and dryness, as well as providing moisture.
- Saponins are natural cleansers that remove both dirt and oil from pores without adding irritation to the mix.
Oatmeal has many other benefits as well, when used in skin.
- Oatmeal can treat acne scars, and relieve the symptoms of aging skin.
- It can be used to improve both tone and texture of skin, which makes it great for rosacea sufferers.
- If you have been using chemical peels, or other mass-produced skin care products that have wreaked havoc on your skin, an oatmeal bath, or other oatmeal products, are great to repair the damage from using chemicals such as surfactants or bleaches.
Aeveka is dedicated to using the most natural ingredients in their products, in order to make sure that their customers are putting nothing but the best on their skin. Aeveka uses organic hydrolyzed oats in many of their products, including their Revitalizing Day Crème, to make sure that your skin is baby-soft and looks its best.